Saturday 4 August 2007

My kids create the moment of the day, AGAIN!




We had a birthday party to go to at the miniature trains not far from here. The line up to get onto a train was about half hour, so party plan was to feed kids and get that done, then they could all go and line up for the trains. Well this was too boring for my two and they started throwing sticks onto the tracks. After a huge berating from both Ian and i, we thought it was over. Nope half hour later a train has derailed and Ian is dragging Tamika and Jared over by their ear lobes, almost.

At first i thought it wasn't Mikes and Jared as Ian wasn't going off his brain at them, but soon realised that he was being diplomatic and not letting the 100+ kids and their parents know that it was actually our children stopping the train that everyone was waiting for.

Also, the day didn't start without an original hitch. As leaving party No 1 at 11am, another parent informs us you need fully enclosed shoes to ride the trains. So only originally thinking of Jared, i rush into warehouse shoe store, which i find out is warehouse for everything very expensive, and finally find a pair of Dunlop volleys for $30, and that was cheap. THEN, get to the car and realise Tamika is in sandals. At this time I'm seeing RED! So another $30 later, this day is already way too expensive!!!

2 comments:

W. said...

We went to the mini ride on trains near us a couple of weeks ago, and my kids loved it too! I remember the first thing I thought when we turned up and I read the signs was "Whew! Thank goodness we all have the right shoes on!". You were a good girl and took your camera though! (I forgot!)

Anonymous said...

ahhh, and looking at those photo's I was thinking was a lovely day you must have had. LOL I hope you have recovered and weren't too embarrassed by your children's antics.